Tuesday 23 October 2012

A dream becoming a reality...19 weeks to go!


To follow this journey...
Twitter: @larakruiskamp
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LiveLoveRun77 

To support or sponsor RESTORE SA: 
L Kruiskamp FNB Savings, Acc # 62065491682, Brch code 250655  

Well with 19 weeks to go to my 7 x 7 Adventure, this week included.....

Introduction
An interesting week, full of ups and downs! On Monday I was feeling completely overwhelmed with the task and challenge at hand and started to feel a quite disillusioned and fearful! I found myself praying for confirmation & encouragement! That afternoon I received 4 wonderful encouraging messages saying that what I am doing is inspiring them and to keep it up! With  one of my key objectives being "To inspire others to live their passion & purpose" that was all I needed to get me going again! Thank you to Rob, Mike, Heather & Debs!

On Tuesday I spent a wonderful morning at LIV Village (www.liv-village.com), a beautiful village in KZN where widows and orphans are given a new hope and future! It was their end of term special assembly and Rory Dyer gave an uplifting message! LIV is an incredible model and will truly play a huge role to RESTORE South Africa! LIV also played a large part in the motivation for the design and name of the NPO I am starting...RESTORE SA. Another milestone was achieved on Tuesday, my logo and business cards were finalised, a great big thank you to Sue Clarke and her team for designing them.
Here it is, what do you think? What does YOUR UNIQUE PIECE look like?

New beginnings.. the Name & logo of of the NPO I am starting!
On Wednesday an article was published in our local news paper..have a look:



In March 2013 I will be kayaking in Antarctica

On Thursday I received an email from the organisers of the Antarctica Marathon which really got my heart racing, its so exciting! And apart from all the amazing information & preparation information, they informed us we could book to go on an Antarctica Kayak Adventure, so this is what I'll be doing in March before the marathon!



So all in all a great exciting week after the daunting start!

ON THE TRAINING FRONT
Total km for the week - 22km (bit bleak..I have a niggle in my right knee so I cut back on mileage!)
Total Hours for the week (includes running, swimming, kettlebells) - 5h00

Monday 15th & Friday 19th October 2012: 1 hour Kettlebells

On Monday & Friday I did 1 hour of kettlebells! The swinging motion and moves are starting to feel a bit more normal! Its takes a while to get the hang of it, but wow it is great strength training! Fridays class was all about the legs with repeats of lunges, squats, burpees & star jumps..boy oh boy I was so stiff until Sunday!

Thursday 18th October 2012

I attempted to have a good swim instead of running to give my knees a break, but being the novice I am, I arrived at the tidal pool at high tide with a waves of 2m and I was just tossed all over the place and decided after 1 length I was exhausted and decided it will be low tide swimming in future ;)


Wednesday 17th & Saturday 20th October 2012: 8km Hilly Salt Rock Run & 14km LSR

I did a gentle 8km jog! And on Saturday I did the longer 14km route along the coast, it was lovely and cool with a bit of light drizzle! My knee is still a bit tender..I think it might be time for new takkies!


Fundraisers on the go for Oceanites (ww.oceanites.org)


1. Durban Barnyard 9th Nov 2012
For those in the Durban, KZN, South Africa area, I am having a Barnyard fundraiser on 9th Nov 2012 - tickets are R125 and the show is "The 7 Wonders of the Musical World", please e-mail if you would like to book tickets! Larasheart77@gmail.com

2. I've donated my birthday to Oceanites. 
If you would like to wish me a happy birthday for 28th November the details are below: 
Lara Kruiskamp
FNB Savings Account
Account Number: 62065491682
Branch Code: 250655

I am in the process of starting an NPO so using this account in the interim.

There is a 5 year waiting list to do Antarctica Marathon but 1 spot for 2013 as a fundraiser for NPO Oceanites and thats me! So really hoping to achieve my target of R200 000 so I can Run 7 x 7 in 1 year for change in SA!

Weekly Inspiration...

Lets all have passion & perseverance like Felix Baumgartner who made history this week by jumping from the stratosphere and recording the highest skydive at 39km! He worked on pursuing this dream for 7 years! Don't give up on your hopes & dreams, perservere with HOPE Humility Optimism Patience Enthusiam.



Have an awesome week
Lara
Kruger Park Skukuza half marathon
4th August 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment